Monday, September 21, 2009

eleven days

Let's jump into this.


I know this blog has been practically vacant for the past two weeks(ish). Here's what I've been up to-

1. Sleeping
2. Getting ready for auditions
3. Eating Chick Fil A
4. Going to a concert
5. Going to an Art Museum
6. Reading books
7. Screening calls
8. Drinking Coke


Today was Audition Day for our upcoming musical. This is also commonly known as- THE MOST FRIGHTENING DAY OF THE YEAR. Yepp, there's no sugar coating it. Your knees are sure to knock.

The class had never looked sharper. Seriously, these kids clean up well! The guys looked absolutely debonair in their black suits and ties. While us girls looked perfectly polished in out black dresses, skirts, and dress pants. I stood in the midst of them all, absorbing, clad in my black vintage skirt, dress flats, and green v-neck. We did our usual warm-ups, then took our seats in the auditorium. One by one we got up, introduced ourselves to the judge, performed out monologues, and sang our songs.


The room was too quiet. Quiet enough for you to hear the shallow breathing of those around you. I was shaking like a leaf. Honestly, I have no problem jumping up on that stage and acting, but it's the singing that really gets to me. I DO NOT SING. But today, I did. Really, I was hoping my monologue would over shadow my inability to carry a tune, but sadly, I don't think I cut it.

So I did it, I jumped on a chair, screamed at the audience, pulled my hair out, attempted to do Sweet Charity's Big Spender justice, then politely pranced off the stage. Somehow, I don't think it was enough. Maybe I should have pulled my hair out more, or shed a tear or two. Oh well, it's over now.


Or so I thought.

Word on the street is, our Theatre teacher is kicking some people out of our class. If you're not good enough, you get the boot. Mercy is something we only dream of.

Hopefully, I'll know where I stand tomorrow.




Random thought of the day-
I will carve pumpkins this year.

Random conversation of the day-
Friend- I got 15 minutes of sleep last night!
Me- Oh...that's nice?

2 comments:

  1. i love those awkward "...okay? that's nice" conversations. great moral booster.

    ReplyDelete