Sunday, February 14, 2010

To escape the clock.

Postponing sleep is like quicksand-you will almost always succumb and sink below the surface.


However, that is exactly what I am trying my utmost hardest to avoid. I have to be up and rolling in a solid two hours to feed the homeless. We're long past the point of sleeping now.

You see, normally, I snatch all the extra hours I can get to sleep in, seeing as I don't get to do it nearly as much as I'd like to anymore. Though tonight, that was a different matter entirely. For my friend's birthday we ended up celebrating it classic indie city style- The Rocky Horror Picture Show. At first, I was extremely wary. I've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower and all that, so I was fully aware of what I was about to waltz my way into, or so I thought. As it turns out, nothing can prepare you for an experience that that of attending a shadow casted movie where transvestites roam the night and girls walk around in underwear. Pretty much, I went just to appease everyone else.

Let me just say- THOSE WERE THE STRANGEST TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE. However, now I have that experience under my belt, so I feel a little bit more street-smart. I laughed, I gaped in horror, and best of all-I met a bunch of characters. It's safe to say I'll probably never go back.

Oh, would you look at that-It's Valentines day as of four hours ago.
To whoever is reading this: Have a good one. The world is filled with lovely things.

No comments:

Post a Comment