Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!

Hello all! I hope you had a marvveeelous Halloween. I  dressed up as a lion and went to all of my classes in costume! I got some pretty strange looks on campus, seeing as most people didn't don on their costumes till nightfall. However, most of my classes are theatre-centered, so I wasn't alone. It's nice to always have people who will be weird with you. At first I thought I'd wait till my costume party/meeting tonight to put it on, but when I talked to Garrett on the phone he said there was a good amount of people who came to class in outlandish garb, so I figured it was the perfect excuse to fluff up the mane early. I even went all out with my eye makeup too!


Okay, so, moving on. This is going to be a pretty busy, but good week for me. I have lots of events and even a rerecording of my radio play- Gift of the Magi. I am excited because everything, aside from the Math homework, seems really exciting, but there isn't much time allotted for sleeping, eating, or talking to Garrett. I know God will help me through the week, like he always does. 


Currently in school I'm presenting an extremely dramatic monologue this week. It's probably one of the most heartbreaking and difficult pieces I've ever worked on, even though it's only a minute or two long. I'm also learning ballet right now, which is awesome because I really enjoy it. It's such a beautiful, controlled and strong art. I love it. I am also really liking tap. Tap is complicated and tricky when you have a large group of dancers.


My mom is also selling our old house. It's weird because I've only been gone since early August, so when I come home for Thanksgiving we'll be at a new place. I'm totally okay with it though, because I'm probably going to stay and do some summer stuff here if I get the opportunity. Marilyn and Garrett will both be gone so I don't really have much of a reason to come home. I'm excited to see what the future has in store for me; it's just very surreal to be visually able to see the childhood chapter of my life being brought to a close with the move.


Happy Halloween.
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."-Matthew 7:7-8

1 comment:

  1. My family moved right after I went to college freshman year. It was a little weird going home for the first time and not really knowing where our house even was haha.

    ReplyDelete