Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Flo Rida

Greetings, from Flo Rida! (Florida)

To the left is a picture I took while on the way here, just as the sun was rising.
I'm currently typing this up while on a week long trip with my best friend, Marilyn. You know how Florida is commonly referred to as 'The Sunshine State" well...that has never been true for us. We came here two years ago and there was a tropical storm. This time, just to be prepared, I had Marilyn look up a week forecast and here is what we got- Thunderstorms every.single.day. Well, it's a good thing I like the rain and that there are tons of good restaurants and shops around here to keep me occupied during those moments when the sea is too angry to swim in.

On a different note, when I come back I have a little over a week left with Garrett before we have to go back to being long distance. Please, don't think I'm insinuating that he is not worth it, I'd date that guy even if he lived in Tokyo, because he makes me happier than anyone else I know. It's just sad to have to spend so much of your time apart from the person you care about the most. Our colleges are pretty close together, actually, as far as university distance goes. They're notoriously rival schools, ha ha. I'll spare you the rest of the sappy details and move on now.

I know this may sound extremely pathetic, but the thing I am most excited about in Florida is...KRISPY KREME! We don't have one where I live and it is such a treat to find them here. Now that I think about it, it's probably a good thing we don't have one of these back home...or I'd be spending all my money on coffee and donuts. Whatever. I'm easily pleased for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment