Sunday, December 11, 2011

Birthday. ;)

Today I am nineteen.  This is the last of my baby years. This weekend has been really fun, a nice break before finals. Garrett came into town and visited yesterday and today. It was such an incredibly surreal feeling to be able to hug, smell, and just be around him again. When we're together we're like a team. We immediately slip into doing things together, whether it's folding laundry, or even carrying our fast food to the car. It's nice to actually have someone next to you to hold your hand and help you carry your stuff from your car to your dorm room. There's also something magnificent about the simplicity of sitting around on a Saturday and doing absolutely nothing with someone you love, whether it's a friend, significant other, whatever.

Today we went to Olive Garden after church with about ten of my friends. My favorite food in the entire world is bread sticks and Alfredo sauce from Olive Garden. YUM. I also had a slice of cake, a handful of presents, and one ridiculously out of key birthday song sung on my behalf. After Garrett left I was feeling down, so I padded off and bought a large Coke from Sonic and a new book. After and long time without reading, I forget how I much I truly love to get lost wandering through the pages of a book. It's a gorgeous thing to be able to identify with characters and their circumstances, to get to entirely wrapped up in what you're reading that you forget time and dive into the plot. On that note, I'm going to slip off and get back into reading, eating my Chick Fil A sandwich, and drinking my Coke.


Best wishes to all. 





My latest jam.

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    I love hearing about you and Garrett. You seem to have such a healthy and good relationship, and it makes me happy for you. :)

    What books would you recommend? I'm looking for some good fiction to read over break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what kind of books do you like? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know...good ones? haha. Maybe detective/spy/thriller type books? Or anything that's engaging...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for Alaska- John Green
    Les Miserables- Victor Hugo
    Into the Wild
    The Hunger Games
    Shiver
    The Glass Castle

    ReplyDelete