Thursday, June 4, 2009

Let freedom ring from the lockers all around.

Free!
I'm officially finished with Sophomore year.
Let me say, this year was ten times better than last year. I'll carry on many happy memories and new friendships into Junior year.

Tonight I'm off to my friend's sleepover-party-thing. I'm already and hour and a half late. Well, I've never been one for schedules or telling time. Plus, I do have some time to kill before my mother comes to pick me up. Oh, the woes of being a sixteen-year-old without a license. What's even more pathetic is the fact that I don't even have a permit. I know, my accomplishments at the DMV are an inspiration to the world.

Today, as I stood outside waiting, for the last time, hopefully for the rest of my life, to take the bus home. It was nice outside. Actually not blisteringly hot. Spring is still holding on by threads. I'm going to enjoy every second of it before stepping outside and realizing that sunscreen is now a daily necessity.


The best random conversation I've had in the past two months-
I was curled up in a ball on my bed, trying to nap. Melissa, always chatty, was standing in my doorway.
Melissa-It's amazing, you know?
I lifted my head and looked at her, trying to tell her to leave with my glare. She obviously didn't get the message.
Me-What?
Melissa-That we're here, living in America, above the poverty line with a great family and friends.
My mouth fell open. Melissa's profound moments are about once a year, so I jumped at the chance to draw this conversation out.
Me-I know, it's crazy when you think about all the billions and billions of people in the world.
The conversation continued to flow in this direction for a few minutes before she skimpered off to Anne's house before work.

Random thought of the day-
Sarah, my second youngest sister, is going to sixth grade next year. Enjoy the shell shock, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment