Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh, life, how you surprise me.

Sometimes, when you're daydreaming or staring out the window absentmindedly, life catches you off guard. It has a peculiar way of throwing something, usually totally random and unexpected, right at your face. I just had one of these experiences.





To put it lightly, my father is cutting me off. Fabulous. It's strange that I'm not terribly upset about this. After all, I kind of expected it. I've never been his favorite daughter, seeing as I'm opinionated and not mindless. So here I am, forced to get a job. The thought of a job doesn't upset me. After all, I am sixteen. I suppose I'm excited to actually be able to pay for myself and rely on myself for once in my life. I'll be in control and able to do what I want when I want. What an invigorating thought!





Now here comes the tough part of the deal-finding a job. My total lack of experience and young age will most likely lead to my eminent downfall. Okay, sorry, that was a tad over dramatic. But, really, the majority of the local grocery stores and restaurants only want college kids and practically anyone who is seventeen or older. Well, now summer's over, so the spots are full and it's a mad race to see who gets the job.




Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment